Hawai’i Department of Defense Community Support
The State of Hawai’i Department of Defense welcomes the opportunity to connect our communities with the mission and capabilities of the Hawai’i Army and Air National Guard. As a community-based organization, the Hawaii National Guard supports and participates in events throughout the State of Hawai’i to benefit our citizens and give them insight into their National Guard. All efforts will be made to support legal requests for assistance, however explicit regulatory guidance specifies the type and timing of the support that we can provide. All requests are also subject to various State and Federal ethics rules and regulations and must be properly vetted prior to approval.
All requests must be received 90 days prior to the event date. Processing takes 25 – 45 days depending on the complexity of the request.
After 90 days, the request must be accompanied by a Letter of Lateness addressed to The Adjutant General, Hawaii National Guard. The letter must clearly articulate why the request is late and the inability to move the event date and how future requests will be made on time.
- Any Federal, Regional, State, or local governmental entity
- Charitable and non-profit organizations
- All Active Duty or Reserve Military elements requesting Hawaii National Guard Resources must first exhaust all resources up to the theater level. If Hawaii National Guard resources are still needed, the request must be routed through the requesting unit’s chain of command to their Theater Command; USARPAC, PACAF, MARFORPAC, USPACFLT then to HING for support. A CONOP is required for all military requests.
Fees are charged for all facility use.
A representative from the Hawaii National Guard will contact the requestor upon command approval to collect payment.
- Type I: A national guard unit, active or reserve military units, county, state, or federal governmental agency
- Type II: A non-profit or eleemosynary (charitable)
organizations conducting a community or group activity.
- Type III: A film production enterprise seeking to use
State Department of Defense-controlled facilities and grounds for filming or photographic activities.
- Primarily fund raisers
- Events that are not open to the public
- For-Profit Organizations
- Partisan political events
The Adjutant General Hawaii National Guard is the decision authority for all requests.
Hawaii National Guard operational and training commitments take priority and may supersede a request.
Call the HING Joint Operations Center at 808-672-1024 or email at [email protected]
To make a request for Hawaii National Guard Suppor
The Royal Guard, a ceremonial unit which wears the historical uniforms and accouterments of King Kalakaua’s Royal Guard.
111th Army Band
The 111th Army Band can provide music for public ceremonies and special events around Hawaii.
Troops in formation or military vehicles pay tribute to the community’s investment in safeguarding Hawaii and the nation.
The Hawaii National Guard is capable of providing public speakers for schools, service clubs, and civic events around the state.
Hawaii National Guard aircraft are available to perform flyovers for approved events.
Other Non-Emergency Military Support Requests
The Hawaii National Guard can provide equipment or personnel to support other non-emergency military support requests.
Honor Guards can be established for the purpose of rendering military honors at public ceremonies and special events.
Hawaii National Guard facilities are available for use or rental.
Hawaii National Guard equipment is available for display in conjunction with community events.
National Guard Volunteers
Special event organizers may request volunteer assistance from Hawaii National Guard Soldiers and Airmen.
With our varied terrain, spectacular ocean views and historic military structures, we can provide you with a space that meets your filming needs.