MIlitary Service Deposit
Before you begin your Military Service Deposit, you should keep in mind that this is a lengthy process which can take anywhere between 3-6 months. The processing timeline begins with the employee submitting the required documents to HRO, and ends when the employee’s record is updated to reflect the paid deposit.
To make a deposit for military service performed DURING your technician employment with HING:
- Start here (DFAS Military Service Deposit Estimator) to obtain your estimated earnings. You will need your DD 214 (member 4 copy), and a CAC enabled device.
- Send your Estimated Earnings Statement + DD 214 to HING HRO Benefits Team to initiate your MSD process.
- See below for required elements on your DD 214.
To make a deposit for military service performed BEFORE your technician employment with HING:
- Start here (DFAS Military Service Deposit Estimator) to obtain your estimated earnings. You will need your DD 214, and a CAC enabled device.
- Fill out the SF 3108 Application to Make Service Credit Payments (Page 1 and 5 only).
- Mail your Estimated Earnings Statement + SF 3108 + DD 214 to Army Benefits Center – Civilian:
Army Benefits Center – Civilian (ABC-C) / 305 Marshall Avenue / Fort Riley, KS 66442-7005
4. For more information about making a deposit for military service performed before you were a HING technician, go to ABC-C’s website.
The following elements must be present on your DD 214 (member 4 copy):
- Type of Service
- Character of Discharge must be HONORABLE
- Lost Time
- Start and end dates
What if I don’t have a DD 214?
In lieu of a DD 214, we will accept a Statement of Service + a copy of your military orders.
- Download a Statement of Service Template
- Have any one of the following military agencies certify your Statement of Service:
- Military Supervisor or chain of command
- Readiness Section
- CSS personnel
- Army G1 or Air Force A1
Statement of Service Template (signed by readiness, FSS, G1, or your military chain of command)
SF 3108 Application to Make Service Credit Payments do only pages 1 and 5