Tsunami Evacuation Zones
Important Map Notes
- Remain at least 100 feet away from inland waterways and marinas connected to the ocean due to wave surges and possible flooding.
- If possible, remove or deploy vessels to deep water (at least 100 fathoms).
- Structural steel or reinforced concrete buildings of 10 or more stories provide increased protection on or above the fourth floor.
- The evacuation zone is a guideline and should be considered the minimum safe evacuation distance.
- These maps do not consider the destructive effects of a locally generated tsunami. If you feel shaking, move inland immediately, well away from the evacuation zone.