The mission of the National Guard Youth ChalleNGe Program is to intervene in and reclaim the lives of 16-18 year old high school dropouts, producing program graduates with the values, life skills, education, and self-discipline necessary to succeed as productive citizens.
The 22-week Residential Phase is followed by a year-long mentoring relationship with a specially trained member from each youth’s community.
The eight core components of the program are:
– Academy Excellence – Health and Hygiene – Job Skills – Leadership/Followership
– Life Coping Skills – Service to the Community – Physical Fitness – Responsible Citizenship
The National Guard Youth ChalleNGe Program is a community-based program that leads, trains and mentors 16-18 year old high school dropouts so that they may become productive citizens in America’s future.
This award-winning program has been recognized as one of the nation’s most effective and cost efficient programs for targeting youth who are at the greatest risk for substance abuse, teen pregnancy, delinquency, and criminal activity.
Hawaii – Youth ChalleNGe Program Success
- 78% of ChalleNGe graduates receive their high school equivalency diploma.
- 48% join the workforce.
- 19% continue their education.
- 6% join the military.
- Program participants donate over 9,000 hours of community service annually, valued at more than $175,000.
- The Hawaii Youth Challenge Academy has awarded more than 3,800 academic credentials
Oahu Campus – Kalaeloa
91-1001 Shangrila St., PO Box 75348, Kapolei, Hawaii 96707
Admissions 808 685 7139 Fax 808 673 7538
Kalaeloa Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/YouthChallengeOahu
Hawaii Campus – Hilo
1046 Leilani St., Bldg 621, Hilo, Hawaii 96720
Admissions 808 369-0948 Fax 808 969-1504
Hilo Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/YouthChallengeHilo
The Hawaii National Guard Youth Challenge Academy does not do door to door solicitation for money or anything else. Please do not give anyone claiming to represent the Youth Challenge Academy any money. If you have any questions, please call Juan Williams at 808-685-7125 or 808-754-3571