Scam (Catch) Me If You Can – Outsmarting Today’s Ripoff Artists
October 5 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sponsored by InfraGard Hawaii
InfraGard Hawaii - Frank Abagnale is one of the world’s most respected authorities on forgery, embezzlement, and secure documents. For over 40 years he has worked with, advised, and consulted with hundreds of financial institutions, corporations, and government agencies around the world. Mr. Abagnale’s rare blend of knowledge and expertise began more than 50 years ago when he was known as one of the world’s most famous con men. His riveting story provided the inspiration for Steven Spielberg’s 2002 film, Catch Me If You Can, starring Leonardo DiCaprio as Abagnale and Tom Hanks as the FBI agent fast on his heels. Mr. Abagnale has been associated with the FBI for over 40 years. He lectures extensively at the FBI Academy and for the field offices of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. He is a faculty member at the National Advocacy Center (NAC) which is operated by the Department of Justice, Executive Office for United States Attorneys. More than 14,000 financial institutions, corporations, and law enforcement agencies use his fraud prevention programs. In 1998, he was selected as a distinguished member of “Pinnacle 400” by CNN Financial News - a select group of 400 people chosen on the basis of great accomplishment and success in their fields. In 2004, Mr. Abagnale was selected as the spokesperson for the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA). He has also written numerous articles and books including The Art of the Steal, The Real U Guide to Identity Theft, Stealing Your Life, and Scam Me If You Can. Open dialogue or live chat after introduction. Topics covered & frequently asked questions include:
meeting/register/ tZAlcuqvrTwuHdFjmpmzFbhnXDWf35 a0we2E
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. When you click on the link in the follow up email it will take you to a waiting room. The link is live already and should connect you. Once the meeting starts you will be moved from the waiting room to the meeting area.
- The one type of photo you should never post on social media.
- The only conditions under which you should use WiFi networks at the airport.
- The best way to protect your phone from being hacked.
- The only time you should use an ATM.
- What is the best way to prevent breaches?
- How does someone protect themselves on social media?
- How has technology changed crime from when you did it 50 years ago?
- Why are we seeing a huge 350% increase in scams across America during this coronavirus event?
- What type of scams are you seeing related to the coronavirus pandemic?
- What difference do you see in typical scams vs. the scams during this pandemic?
- What is the best advice you can give people to protect themselves from these scams?