National Cybersecurity Awareness Month – Week 4: The Future of Connected Devices
National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) – observed every October – was created as a collaborative effort between government and industry to ensure every American has the resources they need to stay safer and more secure online. Since its inception under leadership from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security external link external link and the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) external link external link, NCSAM has grown exponentially, reaching consumers, small and medium-sized businesses, corporations, educational institutions and young people across the nation.
NCSAM is celebrated both nationally and locally and below are some of the great events and activities being held during week 3 of this month long celebration:
- Oct 27: AFCEA Hawaii hosts a virtual luncheon about cyber workforce initiatives HERE
- Oct 30: Sign up for the Hawaii Youth CyberTrivia Competition HERE
- Oct 31: Deadline to apply for a National Security Agency Hawaii student program HERE
- Oct 28: Attend a cybersecurity Q&A webcast with panel of cybersecurity experts HERE
- Oct 28: Learn about the Consumer Reports Virtual Workshop: Security Planner HERE