National Cybersecurity Awareness Month – Week 2: Securing Devices at Home and Work
National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) – observed every October – was created as a collaborative effort between government and industry to ensure every American has the resources they need to stay safer and more secure online. Since its inception under leadership from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security external link external link and the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) external link external link, NCSAM has grown exponentially, reaching consumers, small and medium-sized businesses, corporations, educational institutions and young people across the nation.
NCSAM is celebrated both nationally and locally and below are some of the great events and activities being held during week 2 of this month long celebration:
- Oct 14-15: Attend a 2-day security awareness conference led by experts in the field HERE
- Oct 15: (ISC)2 Hawaii hosts a community virtual CyberEscape Room HERE
- Oct 15: Sign to compete in the CyberPatriot National Youth Cyber Defense Competition HERE
- Oct 13: Watch a webinar on smart devices (aka Internet of Things-IOT) security HERE
- Oct 13: Learn practical cyber protection tips HERE