ESG and ISSA Research Report: The Life and Times of Cybersecurity Professionals 2020
The Enterprise Strategy Group and Information Systems Security Association recently released their fourth annual global report entitled “The Life and Times of Cybersecurity Professionals 2020” that notes that the cybersecurity skills shortage has gotten worse for the fourth straight year and currently impacts 70 percent of organizations. Several key findings of this report include the following:
- The cybersecurity skills shortage is getting worse.
- Cybersecurity careers depend upon hands-on experience.
- Cybersecurity job satisfaction goes beyond compensation.
- It takes years to become a proficient cybersecurity professional.
- Governments and schools are not keeping up with cybersecurity challenges.
- Cyber-adversaries maintain an advantage over defenders.