Office of Worker’s Compensation Program (OWCP)
Federal Employees’ Compensation Act (FECA) passed in 1916:
- Provides compensation to civilian employees of he US for disability due to personal injury or disease sustained in the performance of duty.
- Provides benefits to dependents if a work-related injury or disease causes death.
- Funded through agency charge-backs.
- Log on to http://www.dol.gov/owcp/dfec/regs/compliance/fecafact.htm for more information about FECA.
- FECA is adminstered by the Office of Worker’s Compensation Programs (OWCP), U. S. Department of Labor. Each employing agency is serviced by a District Office; Hawaii is serviced by the San Francisco District Office (#13).
- Individual cases are protected under the Privacy Act. Only employee, approved representative and agency may have access to information concerning compensation claim.
- HIPAA does not apply to OWCP or employing agencies as it relates to information concerning the compensation claim.
- No one may require an employee or other claimant to waive his/her right to claim benefits.
- FECA is a non-adversial system. Disputes under FECA are resolved through informal conferences or formal reconsideration at the district office level, through administrative hearings, or review by the independent Employees’ Compensation Appeals Board whose decision is final.
- Benefits provided under FECA constitute the sole remedy against the United States for work-related injury or death. A Federal Employee of surviving dependent is not entitled to sue the United States or recover damages for such injury or death under any other law.
OWCP Form Titles & Descriptions:
- CA-1 Federal Employee’s Notice of Truamatic Injury and Claim for Continuation of Pay/Compensation*
- CA-2 Notice of Occupational Disease and Claim for Compensation*
- CA-2a Notice of Recurrence
- CA-7 Claim for Compensation
- CA-7a Time Analysis Form
- CA-7b Leave Buy Back Worksheet
- CA-10 What A Federal Employee Should Do When Injured At Work
- CA-17 Duty Status Report
- CA-20 Attending Physician’s Report
- CA-35 Evidence Required in Support of a Claim for Occupational Disease
OWCP Training and Resources:
- Supervisors ECOMP OWCP checklist_2015 JUN 8
- ECOMP Supervisor Training_2015 JUN 8
- Employee QuickReference ECOMP Process_2015 JUN 8
- ECOMP Employee training_2015 JUN 8
- ECOMP System Requirements
- OWCP Overview_Supervisor Training
- Continuation of Pay_Supervisor Training
Points of Contact:
- Injury Compensation Program Administrator (ICPA)
Human Resources Specialist (Employee Benefits)
Joint Forces Headquarters, Hawaii National Guard (HRO-M)
(808) 672-1238 Workers’ Comp Claims Voice
(808) 672-1234 HRO Customer Service Voice
(808) 672-1225 HRO Fax
- NGB OWCP Liaison Region VII
Mr. Berton P. Pennell
(720) 250-1434 voice
- U.S. Department of Labor
DFEC Central Mailroom
PO Box 8300
London, KY 40742-8300