- Due to the developing situation, updates will be made as information is available.The following guidance has been shared with Chief Human Capital Officers (CHCOs) on HR flexibilities and authorities related to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Employees should contact the human resources office at their employing agency if they have further questions on specific authorities and flexibilities.
- OPM Memorandum (March 7, 2020) – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Additional Guidance and Questions and Answers (PDF file) [218 KB] for Federal agencies regarding COVID-19 and human resources policies.
- OPM Memorandum (March 3, 2020) – Preliminary Guidance to Agencies during Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) – Guidance on telework and Federal mission resilience, workplace safety, domestic travel and international travel for Federal employees, and visitor access to Federal offices and buildings.
- OPM Memorandum (February 7, 2020) – Human Resources Flexibilities Available for Federal Employees Impacted by the 2019 Novel Coronavirus – Guidance on human resources flexibilities and authorities, including leave and other paid time off, work schedule flexibilities, and hiring and pay flexibilities.
- OPM Memorandum (February 3, 2020) – 2019 Novel Coronavirus – Links to CDC, OSHA, and Department of State resources
Links for Guidance:
Documents and Handouts